NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Skype “Moment Makers” contest will operate. This will be referred to as the “Contest” throughout these rules.
In these rules, “we”, “our”, and “us” refer to Skype Communications S.a.r.l. 23-29 Rives de Clausen, L-2165 Luxembourg, the Sponsor of the Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant. Visit www.worldtimeserver.com or other time server to determine local time.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
This is a skill Contest. The object is to illustrate how you currently share a passion in life with your family, and friends and describe how you could work with Skype to showcase this passion to a broader audience.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY DATES?
The Contest will consist of consecutive monthly Prize Periods, each to begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on the first day of the month and to end at 11:59 p.m. PT on the last day of the month. The first monthly Prize Period will begin on September 1, 2013, and Entries will be accepted until such time as the Sponsor discontinues the Contest at the conclusion of any monthly Prize Period.
See www.worldtimeserver.com for your local time. Entries must be received during the Submission Period to be eligible for judging.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
• You are a registered Skype account holder 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”); and
• If you are 18 years of age but are considered a minor in your legal residence, you must ask for your parent / legal guardians permission to enter. To register for a free Skype account visit skype.com.
• You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
o Note: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
• You are NOT an employee of Skype Communications S.a.r.l. (“Sponsor”), or their respective parents, subsidiaries and agents; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of an employee of the Sponsor
• This Contest is void within the geographic areas described above and wherever else prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER / ENTRY CRITERIA
To enter, do all of the following during the Entry Period:
1. Select a “life passion” from one of the following Contest Categories: 1. Family 2. Cooking 3.Gaming 4. Photography 5. Fashion 6. Music 7. Film 8. Sport 9.Travel 10. Other
2. Provide answers to four Contest questions, these will be considered your “entry”
1. How active are you on social networks?
2. Can you explain a bit more about your passions?
3. Why do you love Skype?
4. What can you and Skype create to inspire people all over the world?
3. You can create an original essay, video, photo or other audio visual work in which you discuss, illustrate your life passion. Collectively your essay, video, photo or other audio visual work will go towards your “entry”. Alternatively you can also submit a URL which hosts original content which you will like us put towards your “entry”.
4. Optionally, share links to social platforms where you’re active and your interest in your life passion is demonstrated (“Supporting Materials”).
5. Visit the Contest website at skypemoments.com and follow instructions to register and submit
Your Entry must meet the following technical and content criteria:
• Must be your own original work.
• Must be in English, or accompanied by English subtitles or script for English speaking judges.
• Cannot have been submitted in any other prize promotion or featured on a public website.
• May only contain content, including recognizable people, for which you have obtained all licenses, releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any name and likeness releases for any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry, prior to submission.
• Cannot include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people). However you may include Microsoft and Skype trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft grants you a limited non-commercial license to use for the sole purpose of creating and submitting an Entry into this Contest.
• Cannot contain, as determined by Sponsor, content that is sexually explicit, violent, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, which violates any law, or which communicates a message inconsistent with the positive good will to which we wish to associate.
Limit three unique (as determined soley by Sponsor) Entries per person. You may not create multiple accounts using multiple identities to gain more than the entry limit. By submitting an Entry you agree to these Official Rules and confirm your Entry conforms to the Entry requirements.
We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for Entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. We will at our sole discretion disqualify any Entry received in excess of the Entry limit and any Entries not meeting the Entry criteria.
By entering the Contest and/or submitting an Entry, you hereby grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable license of all rights to use, edit, modify, include, incorporate, adapt, record, publicly perform, display, transmit and reproduce such Entry for any purpose including editorial, advertising, publicity, promotion, marketing, trade and/or other commercial purpose, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, without limitation, print, television, and online via any Skype website, third party distribution channels or otherwise, without your prior approval and for no compensation. In addition, you waive any so-called “moral rights” in and to your Entry, to the extent permitted by applicable law. By entering you further agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsors and its designees to make use of the rights you granted.
Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if an Entry does not meet the criteria set forth herein, Sponsor may disqualify and discard the Entry either immediately or at any time during the Contest. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that Sponsor may obtain other submissions, content or materials that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by you. You acknowledge that, by entering a Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas, themes, or concepts previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor has the right to review all Entries and all Entries may or may not be posted on the Contest website or in any other media, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering an Entry, entrants agree that the Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of any Entrty by third parties. Sponsor is not obligated to use your Entry for any purpose, even if you are selected as a winner and reserves the right to take down any Entry for any reason at any time.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
Following the close of the each Prize Period, a panel of judges from Sponsor will review all eligible Entries and select one Grand Prize winner based on the following judging criteria, each to be weighted equally:
• Originality; is your Entry unique, truly one of a kind?
• Creativity; do you use Skype in a new way to explore your life passion?
• Influence; do your Supporting Materials illustrate your dedication to your life passion?
• Inspiration; would your Entry spark ideas for other Skype users?
The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. If there are not enough eligible Entries received that meet the judges quality standards, we reserve the right to award fewer prizes than advertised. The judges may elect at their sole discretion to award more than one Grand Prize winner.
• A collection of Skype branded personal items: $50.00
• A Skype Premium 12-month Subscription: $107.88
Approximate Retail Value of all prizes awarded US$157.88
In addition, selected Grand Prize winners may be invited to co-create personalized content with Skype based on the theme of your Entry which may be used in Skype marketing and advertising materials. If invited, your participation in this experience will be governed by a separate agreement provided to invited participants. Subject to the terms of such agreement, you agree that all content created in partnership with Skype will become the sole property of Skype and its marketing partners.
Potential winners will be notified via email within seven days following winner determination. If the notification is returned as undeliverable, or if no response is received with in the specified prize claim deadline, we may award the prize to the next highest scoring winner. Winner will be required to provide an active email address in order to be contacted for eligibility verification and prize award fulfilment. Limit one prize per person. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, you (your parent / legal guardian if you have not reached the age of majority in your legal residence) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (unless prohibited by law), and tax documents (the “Documents”) within five (5) days of notification. If you do not complete the required Documents as instructed and/or return the required Documents within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible Entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST?
By entering this Contest you agree:
• To abide by these Official Rules; and
• To release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won; and
• That Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
That by accepting a prize, Sponsor may use your Entry, your likeness and your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to randomly select a winner from among all eligible Entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and we may ban you from participating in any of our future Skype promotions.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
For a list of winners to date, send an email with the subject line “Moment Makers Winners” to Vicky@skypemoments.com.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
Skype Communications S.a.r.l. 23-29 Rives de Clausen, L-2165 Luxembourg